Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Wall of 300

I continue to remind myself how blessed I am to be working where I am. At the end of the school year we all walked into chapel to find a row of little cards wrapping around the top of the building. The Principal stood and explained that each one of these cards has a name of a language group in this country that does not have a Bible in their language. There were 300. Each child in the school had colored and decorated one of the cards. Looking up at those cards I was amazed! Though I have spoken about this to many people during my Partnership Development trips, it still hits me when I see it. The Principal went on to say that every time one of these language groups has a translation we will put a red line over it meaning, "finished". Praise God!

After we talked about the cards we had a time of prayer. At that time I was responsible for the Kindergarten children so I took half of them and gave the other half to my Papua New Guinean assistant and we prayed for a few different provinces in PNG. My students listened with great interest as I explained that these people do not even know that Jesus loves them, who Jesus is, or that God has a book to tell them about it. Their eyes widened. Though I am sure each child in this group has heard this before, their parents being missionaries and all, it reminded them again why they were in this country. I asked them to close their eyes and one child began to pray. As she prayed I felt tears come to my eyes. Her desperate prayer for people to KNOW that Jesus loves them to BRING missionaries here to tell them so they can go to heaven with us, was just precious. I am glad we can include the children as we pray for these people. I KNOW God hears our prayers, especially those of children. Sometimes I think they are more faithful than me at time!

Yesterday I took my new group of Kindergarten students into the auditorium. We sat on the floor and I told them what the cards on the wall meant. I explained that their parents, in some way (either support missionaries...like me, or translators) are helping to bring God's word to the people of PNG. We talked about how these 300 language groups on the wall are still waiting to hear and waiting for someone to come to them. Then we began to pray. Again tears came to my eyes when one little girl began to pray. Her eyes closed tight, her tiny little hands clenched in a folded position. Oh God, hear her prayers! Bring more translators to these people and help us in this task that is too big for us...but not for You. Hear the prayers of the children.

Thank you for allowing me support Bible Translation and to minister to the children at Ukarumpa International School Primary Campus!

No comments:

Post a Comment