Sunday, October 14, 2012

Simple Luxuries

There is something about food that just comforts my heart! This blog post is all about the simple luxuries of food! My family jokes that you are not a Wulff if you don't like to eat, sleep, and laze around...I guess I am a "good Wulff". 
My first simple luxury is box of blueberry pop-tarts. To be completely honest I wouldn't buy these in the states, mostly because there are so many other options but this box was given to me for my birthday! What a great birthday present! Thank you Mark and Lynn! There is just something about having an easy breakfast that is full of sugar to warm my little Southern heart. 


Another simple luxury is making "concoctions" with my roommates. Every once in a while they turn out great! Our frappuccino out delicious. We took a picture and drank them slowly. I closed my eyes and put on some Jack Johnson and pretended we were at Starbucks. When I opened my eyes I asked if we wrote down  how we made them...nope. Oh well, maybe we will figure it out again but this moment will always be remembered. In addition to the frappuccino we added sweetened heavy whipping cream and chocolate shavings. What luxury! All you Ukarumpians who are reading this don't come knocking on our door...we don't remember how we made them! Sori tru.


One of my favorite lunch options is a packet of Indo Mie noodles. They are great! I love that they come with different season packets. As pathetic as this may sound, they always makes me smile. Well done Indo Mie! You make my day.


My last simple luxury for today is a strawberry milkshake with a dollop of whip cream. This milkshake seriously made me think of Chick-fil-A. Soon I will partake in your wonderful goodness, but until then I will mix my own strawberries, milk, and cream for a mouth full of happiness.
By far the best luxury, in my book, is Led Cafe. A family in our community graciously open their beautiful house on Saturday mornings from 8-11. They serve breakfast burritos with homemade sausage, scones, hot drinks and other delicious goodies. Yesterday I partook in the breakfast burrito and my favorite hot beverage...the latte! My first roommate, Joy Candee, introduced me to it and I have taken it upon myself to introduce it to others ever since. Led Cafe is also a great place for a date! :)

My current roommate, Mandy, and were talking yesterday and we remembered back to a weekend that we went "out for coffee" every day! Friday night we enjoyed coffee, dessert and games at the WA center with friends. Saturday we attended Led Cafe for our lattes. And Sunday we went to a neighbors for a cup a' and dessert. Take joy in the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment