Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Working Backwards

Instead of starting from our wedding in July I figured I would start with my birthday in January, just to be confusing. No, the truth is, I am still organizing and working through wedding photos. The next few blog posts will be "working backwards". Since we are on break for a few weeks, I have time. This blog post is about my birthday.

January 5th I turned 29. Yep, I told you, and I'm not ashamed. I have lived them well and will wear them proudly! That said, my 26 year old husband threw me a lovely and even royal birthday party!
A few years ago my friend Elizabeth and I did a Murder Mystery Party. It is, to this day, one of my favorites. Alan and I looked online and found one called: A Knight of Murder. We downloaded it and began the invites. Our friends responded with great enthusiasm. We probably had as much fun finding the costumes as we did acting it all out! Over the years our community has been blessed with many wonderfully gifted seamstresses who have made costumes for all kinds of high school plays.


The day of, my friend Lindsey helped me decorate our house to look like a Medieval Manor while Alan worked on the cake. He is a cake connoisseur! Carrot cake on the top, chocolate wacky cake on the bottom, what could be better?

 Everyone was given a description of their character and objectives they had to complete before the end of the night. After an introduction and welcome by my husband, Lord Taylor, our friends were free to mingle, enjoy the delicious goodies, and figure out "who dunnit".

The lights "suddenly" went out. A scream was heard (from me...for effect) in the darkness. When the lights came on, one of the guests had died! We all laughed when the victim's spouse was called on to tape off the body of the victim. He was laying on his side with a leg turned up so that is why our "taped person" is so oddly proportioned. Luckily, he was given the role of the evidence man. He presented the evidence, which I obviously did not look closely at, to help us decide who had done it.


We had so much fun...maybe a little too much for some of us :)


I am so grateful for the friends God has put in our lives (and these are just a few) here in Papua New Guinea. I look forward to what is in store for me this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment