Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Faith PILL


I was thinking today how awesome it would be to take a "faith pill". Need a boost of faith...take a faith pill every day to keep you going.

Faith is so tricky because it requires effort on the part of the one asking and requires that person to open their hands and let God work. A tricky balance.

So often I think to myself "Well done Amanda, you have great faith." and then seconds later I say "Oh ye of little faith". I am sure Peter could relate to me! How often did he stand out for his faith in Christ and yet seconds later be put in his place. God sure did use him in mighty ways. I'm alright with being compared to Peter.

I sit here with three days from my deadline and wonder. What are you doing God? What should I be doing? And yet all is silent. Maybe that is the answer....silence. Just Relax and have faith.

So if anyone wants to invent a "faith pill" just know... I'll be first to invest!

2 comments:

  1. Two verses that have carried me through our most recent time of waiting...

    "Don't be impatient. Wait for the Lord and He will come and save you! Be brave, stouthearted and couragous. Yes, wait and He will help you." Psalm 27:14

    "Oh my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act! For I know that I will again have plenty of reason to praise Him for all that He will do. He is my help! He is my God." Psalm 43:5

    Nuff said. :) Praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristen! I love when people give me verses! Point me back to God's word!

    ReplyDelete