Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pride in the New

Okay, well, my computer is not allowing me to post my picture so let's use our imagination. Imagine that you just brought home four brand new shirts. They're not anything fancy, no frills or sparkles, just nice shirts. Do you see them? They are black, dark blue, sky blue, and light pink.

Brand new shirts. My sister brought them for me when she returned from Australia. They are so beautiful! Okay, they may look like just shirts to you but to me this is what they look like:

- bright colors no fades
- no bleach stains from soaking veggies
- they fit, they havent' stretched
- their elastic works
- no pit stains
- they are thick and I don't have to wear a tank top underneath

Oh the joys of having new clothes!

When I first got here I got my shipment with many new clothes I had purchased. They were so beautiful compared to my clothes I had worn day after day in the village during my training. I put my new clothes on and felt clean! I thought then that I would put some clothes away and save them for a year or so and then have new clothes later. I did this for jeans and other items but I have changed my mind. If I get a hold of something new, I'm wearing it!

I remember I would walk around center and people would know I had new clothes. They can tell...just like I can!

So any time a new person comes fresh from their home country or someone gets new clothes, well all look. It's not becuase we're rude...we are simply admiring what read colors and clothes look like. Give us a break, it's been a while!

Yeay for new shirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment