Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pre-Clean Clean

Pre-clean clean

I like to pre-clean before my haus meri (maid) cleans. I know for a fact…I am not the only one who does. You know what I’m talking about right? I have a haus meri who comes once a week to wash dishes, hang up clothes, clean the bathroom and do whatever else we need done around the house. In return we pay her, build a relationship with her, practice our Tok Pisin, and don’t have to do the “nasty” stuff. But before she comes I always find myself wiping down the counter, stacking and rinsing the dishes, straightening the living room, etc.

It’s not all madness, really! My mindset is, I put away the things that are meaningful to me so they are out of her way. Okay, maybe it is a little crazy, but it makes sense to me. There are days where I have rinsed and stacked the dishes that I think to myself, “Well you might as well just wash it.”

Living in a place where everything is work, I do not feel bad about hiring someone to clean once a week, even though I could probably do it myself. Instead I will spend my time bleaching vegetables, deboning chicken, debugging lettuce, making homemade yogurt, sour cream, bread, tortillas, and ice cream. And in my spare time I will hang up clothes and step on big fat cockroaches!

The pre-clean is necessary for a good clean!

1 comment: