Saturday, September 11, 2010

The heart of a child


The last day of school one of my students came over to say goodbye. Her face was beaming with pride. In her hands she held a note. Taking the note I opened it to find a letter from her parents and a one dollar bill. Chuckling I remembered a conversation I had recently had with her parents regarding their daughter. She was a picky eater and they told me that if I could get her to eat a slice of pizza at the class party they would give her a one dollar bill for her piggy bank. She received money for obedience. As I read through the note I realized this was not a dollar FOR her but a gift FOR me! She was giving it to me so I could fly to Papua New Guinea and teach the little children about Jesus. With heavy eyes I hugged her and thought, "I might be able to buy some peanuts!"


This little girl was given the opporunity to hear about God's love through His Word. She heard about Him every day in a language that touches her heart. Children all over the world should be given the same opportunity. Hundreds of them do not have God's word in a language they can understand or express love in. Of the nearly 7,000 languages in the world 2,200 of them still do not have God's word in their language. Many more may have a translation started but they can not read it. My hearts desire is to give people this opportunity. A chance for them to meet their Father and accept his precious gift to them....his son Jesus as their Savior.

2 comments: