Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Walking in the Wind



Today I decided to take a walk at a near by park. My intention was to spend time with God, to pray to him and clear my mind. As I began, my mind started to wander. Quickly I refocused it and began to pray...more like poor out my burdens! I stopped myself again. This was not why I had come out here. After almost an hour of "refocusing" my thoughts I decided to think about listening.

My shoes crunched the sand and rock below my feet, the birds chirped and the wind blew. Oh the wind...I remembered back on the times I would walk and the wind would blow me around. I use to pretend the wind was God speaking to me. When it blew softly He was whispering and real rough, he was trying hard to get my attention. The wind blew in all kinds of ways today. I noticed that when my thoughts began to wander the wind would blow harder. I stopped and sat by the lake (thankful that a family was feeding the geese off to the side so they wouldn't come bother me :)

Closing my eyes I asked God to speak to me. All I heard at first was
Listen
I am I said to Him.

Listen He said again. I suddenly felt like Peter when I responded,
I am trying God.

Then he said....trust me.

That was hard. Though I feel I do trust God I realized this was a deeper kind of trust. A trust that meant completely, wholely, with everything you deam important and valuable....TRUST ME.

I continued to walk and spotted some flowers on the path. A passage I had recently memorized came to mind. "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?....See how the lilies of the field grow? They do not labor or spin....If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you? Oh you of little faith?"


Matthew 6:27-28,30



These verses reminded me of others. Psalm 139 speaks of God knowing me. He was there when I was created. "for you created my innermost being, you knit me together in my mothers womb...Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book, before one of them came to be...search me, O God, adn know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting"

"Seek first HIS kingdom and HIS righteousness" Matt 6:33

"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give you." John 15:16

How awesome it is to have a God who loves us, who brings scripture to mind when we need it, know knows our every thought before we do. When I asked him to speak to me, He spoke through His Word....His word was my comfort as I walked this trail.

As I sit here I think of the people who do not feel God's comforting word. They do not realize they could take a walk with God.

Thank you God, for your Word, that it is hidden in my heart. Thank you for calling me and prusing me as I live each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment