Monday, September 27, 2010

Standing in My Place


I came across this picture I took while I was teaching in Bogota, Colombia. My friends and I took a trip to a place called Zipaquira, a large salt mine in the mountains. Inside we saw this cross that was carved in one of the wall with a light illuminating it. It was beautiful! My friends and I all stood and looked at this large cross. One of them stood in it and I took a picture. Looking at it now makes me think of what Jesus does for us when we get to heaven. He stands in our place in front of His Father. Though we are still filthy with sin we are covered in His blood and are accepted into our heavenly home. What right do I have for Jesus, who is perfect, to stand in my place and take MY punishment?! I am so thankful I don't have to face God with out Jesus.
"Jesus answered, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

No comments:

Post a Comment