Sunday, May 22, 2011

From Mk to Mk

Tonight I shared at Soul Purpose (teen youth group). I shared about my experiences as an Missionary Kid (MK), how I dealt with transition, change, and claiming my faith for my own. I was told I could speak from 20-45 minutes. YIKES! I haven't talked that long in quite awhile...but as a good "Wulff" it wasn't hard to meet that goal.

It was strange to speak to the teens but very natural. Wasn't I just sitting there a few years ago? The seniors this year were completing fourth grade when I was finishing my senior year. All that to say, their faces are still pretty new to me. Time changes but we can still learn from each other.

This place brings back so many memories of high school. Good memories and difficult ones. High school was a hard time of life. Yeah it was great in many ways but there were so many transitions, changes, moves, relationship issues, and self-centeredness. When I was in high school I missed out on so many things because my focus was on me. I wonder what I could have accomplished if my focus was switched to Christ and others?

But if we're honest we would probably ALL say, my focus is not on Christ FIRST, then on others, then ourselves. It's a constant struggle isn't it!

It was a blessing to share what God has done in and through me. The more I shared the more I was in awe of the works of God. I shared about a time when God gave me strength when a friend was VERY sick, a time when I could not speak and the Holy Spirit spoke for me, and a time when I needed peace and it was given to me. ALL of these things were the acts of GOD. Yes I believed but God was at work. He is never far from me.

All I hope tonight is that the kids will not remember the stupid things I said like : "crap" and "high on peace" but rather the verses I read, the challenge, and my push for them to go to the thrown of Christ.

Two verses that I shared tonight that have impacted me over the years:

Mark 11:24 "Therefore I tell you whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. "

1 Peter 3:15-16 "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect"

Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment