Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Golden Ticket

If you have ever watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory you will connect with this story.


So I was walking home from school today trying to decide if I needed to do anything before I actually went to my house. Living on the top of the hill and working at the bottom of the hill lends to these questions (especially when you don't have a car). I decided to say hello to my mother first (to see if maybe she could drive me up the hill ;) use those connections baby) then check my mail.


I walked up to the finance office and called through her window. My four year old niece use to stand under the window and in her sweet high pitched voice say, "NANA, it's me, PIIIPPPPEERRR!" so adorable! So I tried it. Didn't have the same affect, but hey she opened the door and let me in anyways!

After a nice little chat she asked if I wanted a ride home...yep! She said, "That's probably why you stopped by huh?" Can't a daughter just say hi to her mothe...okay she's right. We who live on the "top" figure out ways to bypass the huff-and-puff of a walk each day! (who needs a gym!)

We walked out and mom decided to go to the post office. I was discouraged with the thought, seeing as I haven't gotten mail in a while, but was pleasantly surprised...okay I scream YESSSSSSSS, when I saw the little golden ticket in my mail box. I had an over sized package. (I am actually not surprised that I don't have much mail because I have just recently sent out my mailing address.)

My mom bugged me that it was probably for her and they had put it in the wrong "Wulff" box, which has happened before. BUT SHE WAS WRONG! It was a gift from my friend Elizabeth. I was so happy. I AM so happy!

I rushed home to see what goodies she had sent. The package even SMELLED good! Some people like to look on the green paper that is attached to the box that says what is enclosed...but not me. I like to be surprised. Each little gift was wrapped in the cutest tissue paper and being a "good missionary" I carefully unwrapped and folded it so I can reuse it. Seriously! Okay well I did for the first two then I couldn't wait! Give me a break, I'm new at this. In three years I will be a PRO at reusing paper! It's like Christmas in MAY!

She had sent Coffee (a story about the coffee pot to come), gum and candy, and a nice CD of Christian music...very pretty. She also sent me things for giving myself a pedicure. HOW perfect! My roommate Joy and I are having some friends over on Friday. We were brainstorming just last night about what we could do....now we know! Pedicures all around.

Well, thanks for making my day Elizabeth!


If you ever want to make a missionaries day, send them something in the mail...even a card will keep them going....plus they will probably cheer up others up by sharing!





over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment