Thursday, November 4, 2010

Spider Web


The other day when I was pumping gas into my car I noticed a spider forming a web. Each move was so precise and intricate. The spider knew exactly where to go, how thick to make the web, and trusted that it would hold his weight. The process would take some time but the spider would continue because he knew that was what was best for him.


This web made me thing...life takes time. Following God takes time and each step is detailed and requires focus and persistence. It reminded me of this verse:

"consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete not lacking in anything." James 1: 2-4

Continue to follow what God has asked you to do. Even if your "web" is not complete in the time that you expect it to be.

I will continue to persevere...so that I might see the all that God has for me and that He might be glorified in that work I have done for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment