Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Appreciating the "last" times

Well as my title says, I am learning to appreciate the last times for a while. The last colorful fall, the last sinus infection from the fall :) , the last snow fall and late night sledding, the last snuggles with nieces and nephews, the last drive to visit friends in Greensboro, and Christmas cookie making, the last Black Friday I can work for my brother, and the list goes on.


I was warned that emotions will begin to surface especially since I have less than 2 weeks left. When I become productive with paperwork and packing I miss out on fun times and when I enjoying fun times my mind wanders back to what still needs to be done. This is the stage of life I am in right now. I guess I can be thankful it is a "normal" stage for missionaries. Please pray for these transitions.

In the midst of all of this I have been reminded to RAFT, which stands for:

Reconciliation

Affirmation

Farewells
Think Ahead

In the "thinking ahead" I have recently received some OH so Sweet suitcases. These are so neat especially since the wheels turn all the way around so you can just push the bag rather than having to pull it! LOVE THEM!

Not always the easiest to do but very helpful!
Thank you for your prayers as I move through this time and for your support as well. Many of you have offered to help and I very appreciative! You are so kind.


No comments:

Post a Comment