Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hello from San Francisco!

Well I made it from Charlotte, NC to San Francisco, CA! Uneventful for the most part, which is fine with me! It still surprises me how little you get on domestic flights. I flew clear across the US and I only got a drink...interesting! One time I flew domestic in Australia from Brisbane to Cairns, about an hour and a half or so flight and I got to watch sitcoms, a snack and an ice cream!

Traveling is such an interesting experience. I ended up sitting next to a lady whose father is a pastor here in California, but she does not seem to believe. I shared some about being a missionary and how my parents are missionaries. We talked about growing up and every time we talked about faith, I would say "faith" and she would say "religion". Believing in God and that He is the only way to heaven is not a "religion" to me...it is the TRUTH. It surprised me, again, how careful I was not to offend her by saying I was going to share the TRUTH with the people in Papua New Guinea. Sitting there I was kicking myself. Why am I so hesitant to "offend" someone when they are wrong? I should be screaming it from the roof tops! This is their life at stake. But there I sat.

We try so hard to be "politically correct" that we forget the urgency of salvation and eternity. God forgive me for my fear and hesitation.

I just recently received this picture from a friend of mine. A few weeks ago I visited a church family in Greensboro, NC where they allowed me to share with them and they prayed for me. I was so blessed by this experience. What was even more meaningful was that I was prayed for in English AND Spanish! How truly symbolic of my life so far. Confirmation!

Hope you are all well. Thanks for reading and feel free to comment or add what you are thinking.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your updates and for the work you will be doing in PNG. We would like to post your video on the Wycliffe USA blog http://wycliffeusa.wordpress.com. With you for Him.

    ReplyDelete